“A dream does not become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.” – Colin Powell
Costs, claims and warnings
- YES! You can draw and paint! I will show you.
- StartART is on offer at £200, down from £400. I am proud of these courses that will teach you to see, draw and begin to paint.
- I do believe my way of teaching is unique – you will come away with a real sense of your own style forming, this is not a class where you are only drawing one thing in one way, these classes are generic and will allow you to draw ANYTHING in to the future.
- After drawing comes painting. If you just want to paint, this course is not for you.
- StartART – is what you need to start your creative journey and show you that YES! You can draw.
- Click here to see some endorsements for my teaching, in class and online.
- Warning! StartART demands your time and commitment. It is hard work, but the rewards are huge; I promise you.
- There is no deadline for you to complete the course, but I would suggest give yourself maximum 3 months as this will propell you forwards at a good pace and keep you motivated. There is always so much to learn, so keep at it.
Summing up StartART
- StartART will teach you to draw. Then it will teach you how to paint.
- StartART will NOT teach you your style, we will work on that as you go. I don’t believe in teaching style. I do believe in giving the right tools in the right order so that students have a thorough grasp of the basic techniques. THEN you can work on style and I will help you.
- StartART comprises ten detailed step-by-step assignments that build on one another, 5 each for drawing and watercolours
- You will start with the core techniques I have devised over the years that guarantee you will learn to draw as well as you can and confidently start to paint in watercolours
- Lots of my visual examples accompany each assignment
- Easy to follow instructions written in a constructive and approachable language with loads of tips, hints and extras as you go
- A materials list is given for each course
- Telephone personal in-depth feedback sessions at the end of the Drawing Level One (DL1), and then Watercolours Level One (WCL1); we will talk about your work on the ‘phone, if you are overseas we will talk by Skype.
- StartART will teach you to SEE, leave you feeling confident in your own creative abilities and give you a sense of achievement and pride.
- You will start to develop your own style by the end of the course; this is my USP, my strength is that I know I can bring out your own artistic style.
- StartART is very much a personal experience with huge flexibility to work when you want to, anywhere in the world
What happens after you sign up
- As soon as you pay by BACs (please ask me for account details) I will welcome you!
- You will then receive a PDF document of the whole course, by email – Drawing Level One (DL1) and Beginning Watercolours Level One (WCL1).
- When you have finished the Drawing course (DL1) you will send me images of your work by attachments by email.
- Once I have received your work by email, we will talk on the ‘phone, at a mutually convenient time.
- You will then move on to Beginning Watercolours (WCL1) – as before you will send me images of your work when you have completed the whole course.
- You and I will have another session on the ‘phone. This will complete StarART.
- If during either course you wish to communicate with me, have any queries or problems you are free to contact me by email.
- If you would like more personal tuition or coaching I offer it, to artists from beginners to professionals.
If you’re not sure, want more information or want to talk:
“The most significant thing I’ve learned is to have fun and enjoy making art. Don’t be scared to have a go. The course exceeded my expectations, thank you Jane“. NW
“As a result of Jane’s courses I’ve given myself permission to take art seriously.” LO
“Jane’s courses have not only developed my drawing and painting skills but have given me a much broader appreciation of artistic styles and approaches.” JH